1. Aluminum cylinder having diameter 0.04m and length 0.5m is provided with power supply of 20W surrounded by a rectangular box of side 0.05m and height 0.6m. Surrounding temperature is 27°C. Calculate the heat transfer coefficient at the surface of given cylinder.
2. Calculate the heat transfer coefficient and Nusselt number of copper cylinder which has the diameter 0.06m and length 0.8m is covered by a hollow rectangular box of side 0.06m and height 5m. The input power given to the metal is 33W.
3. What happen to the value of heat transfer coefficient at the surface of iron cylinder when initial power is increased from48W to 65W? The diameter and length of the cylinder is .07m and 1m respectively and outer rectangular box having side 0.08m and height0.7m.
4. The vertical cylinder of steel has diameter 0.05m and length 1m conducts heat with a power of 78W and outer rectangular box having dimension 0.09m x 0.8m.Calculate the heat transfer coefficient at the surface of the metal cylinder and hence calculate the value of corresponding Nusselt number.
5. How the diameter of the given cylinder made of silver affects the value of heat transfer coefficient when the diameter changes from 0.05m to0.1m and the power supplied to it is 20W. The length of metal is 0.9m and rectangular box having dimension 0.08m x 0.9m?