- In an experiment with an Ostwald Viscometer, the times of flow of water and ethanol are 80 s and 175 s at 20 °C. The density of water =0.998 g/cm³ and that of ethanol 0.790 g/cm³. The viscosity of water at 20°C is 0.01008 poise. Calculate the viscosity of ethanol.
- An experiment was performed that measured the flow rate of four different liquids as temperature was increased. According to the graph, which of the liquids had the greatest viscosity at a temperature of 30°C?
Flow Rates of different liquids
a) Liquid A
b) Liquid B
c) Liquid C
d) Liquid D
- The dimensional formula of coefficient of viscosity is...........?
- How does the viscosity of a liquid change with temperature?
- In an experiment with an Ostwald Viscometer, the viscosity of toluene and water at 30o C is 0.579 and 0.8007 poise.The times of flow of water and toluene are 41 s and 34.5 s. The density of water is 1.002 g/cm³ . Calculate the density of toluene.