- Perform the qualitative analysis of unknown carbohydrates using the biochemical tests and identify the nature of the unknown carbohydrate.
- In a laboratory experiment, a student was given an unknown compound. After performing the test for carbohydrate analysis, the student reported the unknown as a reducing aldopentose. Which all tests must have led the student to arrive at this conclusion?
- While performing the carbohydrate analysis, one observes that sucrose gives positive result for the seliwanoff's test. Suggest a possible reason for this observation.
- If you are performing the carbohydrate analysis with sugar maltose, which all tests will turn out to be positive for maltose. Suggest possible reasons for your answer.
- Write a test which helps to differentiate between a disaccharide and a monosaccharide?
Cite this Simulator: