- Monoclonal Antibodies ( Anti-A, B and D)
- Blood Lancet
- Alcohol swabs
- Tooth picks
- Sterile cotton balls
- Clean glass slide
- Ice tray
- Biohazard disposal container
- Set the table with all the materials required. Remember to place the Monoclonal Antibody (Mab) kit in an Ice tray.
- Open an Alcohol swab, and rub it at the area from where the blood will be sampled (finger tip). (Discard the swab)
- Open the Lancet cover, put pressure at the tip of the finger from where blood will be sampled (maintain it). Prick the finger tip with the opened Lancet.(Discard the Lancet)
- As blood starts oozing out, make 1 drop fall on the three depressions of the glass slide. (in clinical setup, there will be a fourth well used as a control).
- Place a cotton ball at the site where it was pricked. Using the thumb, put pressure on the area to stop blood flow.
- Take the Anti-A (blue) bottle, resuspend the content and use the dropper to place a drop of the Mab in the 1st spot. Place the bottle back in ice.
- Take the Anti-B (yellow) bottle, resuspend the content and use the dropper to place a drop of the Mab in the 2nd spot. Place the bottle back in ice.
- Take the Anti-D (colorless) bottle, resuspend the content and use the dropper to place a drop of the Mab in the 3rd spot. Place the bottle back in ice.
- Take a tooth pick and mix the content in each well. Discard the tooth pick after using in one well (take a new one for the next well).
- After mixing, wait for a while to observe the result.
Unfortunately, this Virtual Lab requires Adobe Flash player. Please see additional information if this does not work on your computer
• For Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
• For Microsoft Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4532571/microsoft-edge-turn-on-flash
• For Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-games
On GNU/Linux machines, please see appropriate online help. For example,
• on Ubuntu - https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/net-install-flash.html.en
• on Fedora - https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/using-adobe-flash/