- magnetic stirrer
- Butter paper
- Pipette rack
- 200ml beaker
- 1000ml beaker
- Distilled water
- measuring cylinders of 100ml , 1000ml(1L) , 25ml and 10ml
- Glass rod
- Weighing balance
- pH meter
- Wash bottle
- Tissue paper
- 0.1 M Hydrochloric acid(HCl)
- Glacial acetic acid
- Tris base
- 1 N NaOH
- Reagent bottles
- Glass pipette
- Pipette pump
- Boric acid
Preparation of TE Buffer
- Measure 10ml of 1M Tris-Cl buffer and 2ml of 0.5M EDTA solution.
- Mix the solutions with distilled H2O and make up the volume to 1000ml using a graduated measuring cylinder.
Preparation of 10X TAE Buffer
- Measure 10ml of 1M Tris-Cl buffer and 2ml of 0.5M EDTA.
- Mix with distilled H2O and make up the volume to 1000ml using a graduated measuring cylinder.
Preparation of 5X TBE Buffer
- Weigh out 54g of Tris base and 27.5g of Boric acid
- Measure 20ml of 0.5M EDTA solution
- Mix the contents with distilled H2O and make up the volume to 1000ml using a graduated measuring cylinder.
Unfortunately, this Virtual Lab requires Adobe Flash player. Please see additional information if this does not work on your computer
• For Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
• For Microsoft Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4532571/microsoft-edge-turn-on-flash
• For Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-games
On GNU/Linux machines, please see appropriate online help. For example,
• on Ubuntu - https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/net-install-flash.html.en
• on Fedora - https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/using-adobe-flash/