- A brick is thrown upward from the top of a building at an angle of 250 to the horizontal and with an initial speed of 15 m/s. If the brick is flight for 3 s, how tall is the building?
- A fire man 50 m away from the burning building direct a stream of water from the ground level fire hose at an angle of 300 above the horizontal. If the speed of the stream as it leaves the hose is 40 m/s, at what height will the stream of water hits the building?
- A stone is projected with a velocity of 5 m/s making an angle 500 with the vertical.
- Is there any other angle of projection in the X-Y plane having the same range?
- Calculate the range of the projectile.
- Draw the trajectory of the projectile.
- What happens to the time of flight and horizontal range if the motion is performed in moon?
- A boy wants to throw a ball through the window of his house to his friend across the street 80 m wide. The window of the boy’s house is 10 m below the window of his friend’s house. How should he throw the ball?
- Prove that the gun will shoot three times as high when its angle of elevation is 600 as when it is 300, but covers the same horizontal range.