- The user has to find out the functional group of the unknown compound.
- The Functional group can be found out but clicking on the label of each functional group name.
- The experiment procedure will be played on clicking.
- After the one functional group procedure is played a correct or a wrong indicator will appear depending on the functional group of the compound.
- After completion of all the functional group the confirmatory button will get active and clicking on that will lead to the confirmatory page, where the user can select the confirmatory test of the functional group and observe the experiment.
Points to Remember while Performing the Experiment in a Real Laboratory:
- Always wear lab coat and gloves when you are in the lab. When you enter the lab, switch on the exhaust fan and make sure that all the chemicals and reagents required for the experiment are available. If they are not available, prepare the reagents using the components for reagent preparation.
- Make sure to clean all your working apparatus with chromic acid and distilled water and ensure that all the apparatus are free from water droplets while performing the experiment.
- Make sure to calibrate the electronic weigh balance before taking the measurements.
- Ensure that the spectrophotometer is working properly.
- Ensure that you are handling the cuvette with tissue paper .Never touch it with your hand.
- Wipe the cuvette with tissue paper before placing the spectrophotometer.
- Clean all glassware with soap and distilled water. Once the experiment is completed recap the reagent bottles. Switch off the light and exhaust fan before leaving the lab.
- Discard the used gloves in a waste bin.
Cite this Simulator: