1. Ionic Channels of Excitable Membranes, Bertil Hille, 1992, Second Edition.
2. Biophysics, Vasantha Pattabhi, N. Gautham
1. Hodgkin, A. L. (1951). The ionic basis of electrical activity in nerve and muscle. Biol. Rev. 26, 339-409
2. Hodgkin, A. L. & Huxley A. F. (1952a). Currents carried by sodium and potassium ions through the membrane of the giant axon of Loligo. J. Physiol. 116, 449-472
3. Hodgkin, A. L. & Huxley A. F. (1952c). A quantitative description of membrane current and its application to conduction and excitation in nerve. J. Physiol. (in the press)
1. Action Potential on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_potential
2. Flash Explanation to Action Potential Generation http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/matthews/channel.html