- The web-based platform allows the user to perform window analysis of EEG signals and visualize the power spectrum distributions of brain rhythms in a shorter time segment window. The simulator was designed to perform data preprocessing method, low pass and high pass filtration of Biosignal data. Also, the simulator computationally analyzes specific event related potentials relating to specific cognitive tasks.
- The graphical user interface has radio buttons that allows the user to change the parameters.
- User can provide the channel numbers, Sampling rate of recorded EEG data, Time Duration of EEG data. For example, if a researcher is using a 14 electrode EEG device for data acquisition with a sampling rate of 128Hz and the time duration is 2 minutes. He/she can provide the parameters in the simulator and generate a noise filtered biosignal.
- The platform has radio buttons for data pre-processing method (Noise Filtration).
- User can filter the raw EEG data by providing Low band pass filter and High Band Filter in the simulator. ie For filtration of a raw EEG data, user can provide a low band pass filter as 0.1Hz and a high band pass filter as 100Hz.
- The GUI also shows the range of brain rhythms ie Delta (0.1-4Hz), Theta (4-8Hz), Alpha(8-12Hz), Beta (12-30 Hz) and Gamma (30-60Hz).
- After providing the channel number, sample rate, duration, LPass and HPass user can click on the “Apply Filter icon” to data preprocessing method.
- After artefacts removal, User can generate a preprocessed data at specific time bins by providing the time duration at Window apply icons and click on “window Apply” radio button.
- After applying specific time duration, user can click on “Generate Data” button to visualize the preprocessed data.
- After generating a noise free EEG data, user can click on the “Compute PSD” button to visualize the power spectrum distribution of EEG signal into frequency components.
- Also, the simulator provides the signal values of brain waves in each electrode positions.