The screen shot of the simulator is as shown below.
The simulator consists of three regions: the simulator's viewable window, the variables menu and the simulation control menu.
The Variables Menu:
User can enter the values for the different variables in the simulator. Parameters include handling time for prey-1 and prey-2 (hp1 & hp2), Energy content of prey-1 and prey-2(ep1 & ep2) ,Energy cost for searching a prey (es), Energy cost for handling a prey in kCal/s (eh) and Abundance of prey-1and prey-2 (ap1 & ap2).
Simulation Control Menu:
These set of buttons are used for controlling the simulation. Simulation control includes: buttons for plotting Time per Item, Energy per Item and Energy per Time. The 'Reset' button resets the simulator to the default values.
Viewable Window (Result Display Window):
The simulated values for the parameters are interspersed as graphs in this window.
Step by Step Explanation:
Step 1: Open the simulator and enter the values for the parameters in the variable window.
Step 2: Click on any of the plot buttons to simulate the model. The graph will be shown in the Result display window.
The ‘Plot Time per Item’ graph is as shown below.
The ‘Plot Energy per Time’ graph is as shown below.
Step 4: Click Reset button to reset the simulator.
Unfortunately, this Virtual Lab requires Adobe Flash player. Please see additional information if this does not work on your computer
• For Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
• For Microsoft Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4532571/microsoft-edge-turn-on-flash
• For Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-games
On GNU/Linux machines, please see appropriate online help. For example,
• on Ubuntu - https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/net-install-flash.html.en
• on Fedora - https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/using-adobe-flash/