- Explain the importance of steam during the acid-fast staining procedure.
- Discuss the advantages of differential staining procedures over the simple staining techniques.
- Explain the function of copper sulfate in capsule staining.
- Negrosine stain is applied over bacterial smear in negative staining. Discuss.
- Explain why thick or dense smears less likely to provide a good smear preparation for microscopic evaluation.
- Basic stains are more effective for bacterial staining than acidic dyes. Discuss.