1. Explain what do you learned about the quantization of radiation from the Franck-Hertz experiment?
2. By working the simulation, find out the different quantized energy levels of Mercury and Neon. Also account for the peaks in the Voltage-Current characteristics?
3. What happens when the accelerating potential reaches 4.9eV for mercury, 18.3eV for neon and why?
4. What is the difference between elastic and inelastic collision?
5. Why electrons are used to excite atoms?
6. What happens when electron collides with a nucleus?