- Explain the terms: Primitive cell and unit cell
- What do you mean by space lattice and what is its characteristic feature?
- Calculate the number of atoms per unit cell of a metal having a lattice parameter 0.29nm and density of 7870Kg/m3. Atomic weight of the metal is 55.85.
- What do you mean by packing fraction? Calculate the same for Simple Cube, Body Centered and Face Centered
- Why an equilateral triangle can’t be used as the basis of lattice?
- Is five-fold axis of rotation is compatible in a lattice. If not why?
- What is the packing fraction for a hexagonal and diamond structure?
- Construct a two dimensional pentagonal and octagonal lattice. Explain how?
- What do you mean by coordination number and what is its value for the three lattices of cubic system?
Cite this Simulator: