1. A car battery is of 12 V. Eight dry cells of 1.5 V each connected in series can give 12 V. But such cells are not used in starting a car. Why?
2. In the following circuit a battery of emf 6 V and internal resistance 0.5 Ω is joined in parallel with another battery of 10 V and internal resistance 1 Ω. The combination sends a current through an external resistance 12 Ω. Find the current through each battery.
3. Determine the current in each branch of the network shown in figure using simulations given for the experiment
4. In the circuit shown calculate the potential difference (a) between B and D and (b) across the terminals of each cell G and H.
5. Determine the current in each branch of the network shown below.