- Conduct an action potential generating experiment by applying input stimuli with 0.5Vpp amplitude and 20Hz frequency. Repeat the same method for 1Vpp input stimuli. Observe the changes in the generated action potential, sodium and potassium current. Study how the change in input parameters affects the output.
- Plot membrane potential, Ion currents for various input conditions.
- Do a characteristic study of sodium current? Can the amplitude of Na+ current be increased or decreased? What causes that change?
- Do a characteristic study of potassium current? Can the amplitude of K+ current be increased or decreased? What causes that change?
- Find out the difference between Na and K current.
- What are the advantages of hardware neuron model?
- What is the difference between this experiment and the HH-model (Neurophysiology VL experiment 2)?