- What are the advantages and disadvantages of wet mount preparation?
- How is motility associated with pathogenicity?
- Explain how SIM medium is used to detect motility?
- In addition to motility, for what other tests can SIM medium be used?
- What substrates are acted on in SIM medium in order for H2S to be produced?
- Explain the function of the ferrous ammonium sulfate in SIM agar?
- Explain the characteristic behavior of P.vulgaris and E.aerogenes on SIM agar?
- A stool specimen of a patient with severe diarrhea was cultured in a series of specialized media for isolation of enteric organisms. The three isolates included species of Salmonella, Shigella and Escherichia. Explain how SIM agar test would be diagnostically significant?