- Milk samples to be analyzed
- Screw-cap test tubes
- Test tube rack
- Pipettes(10 ml and 1ml)
- Water bath (37o C)
- Bunsen Burner
- Transfer 10 ml of each milk sample into appropriately labeled test tube.
- Add 1 ml of redox indicator, methylene blue to each test tube containing milk sample.
- Tighten the test tube mouth with stoppers. Gently invert the tubes at about four or five times to ensure proper mixing of the methylene blue solution.
- Keep the tubes in the water bath at 37 o C
- Note the incubation time. That is, the time elapsed for the color to turn whitish appearance.
- Stabilize the tubes for 5 minutes.
- Reduction within 30 minutes: Very poor quality
- Reduction occurring between 30 minutes and 2 hours : Poor quality
- Reduction occurring between 2 and 6 hours: Fair quality
- Reduction occurring between 6 and 8 hours: Good quality
- Not reduced in 8 hours: Excellent quality
Cite this Simulator: