Procedure for Simulation:
- Click on ‘START’ button.
- Click on Combo box to choose the oil.
- Double click ‘START’ button of stop watch and notice the time taken t1 by a drop, to travel distance l1 between any two points .
- Click ‘Voltage On’ to suspend the same oil drop in air, which is the balancing voltage V.
- Click the ‘X Ray ON’ button and notice the time taken t2 by same drop to travel distance l2 between any two points.
- Charge of drop is calculated using the equation,
- Repeat the experiment for another oil.
Cite this Simulator: