Performing the brain slice preparation:
The protocol is a direct and detailed process and the activity of the above lab is to show the step-by step approach to do the same. The protocol consists of various steps including:
- Chill and oxygenate the sucrose-aCSF (artificial Cerebro-Spinal Fluid)
- Prepare for brain removal
- Brain removal
- Slice preparation
- Clean up of the workbench
This experiment will allow the user to perform the same experiment as it is done in neurophysiology lab. The protocol contains several steps that may need user-interaction in order to proceed. At the end of the experiment, there will detailed understanding of the brain slicing procedure.
Unfortunately, this Virtual Lab requires Adobe Flash player. Please see additional information if this does not work on your computer
• For Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
• For Microsoft Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4532571/microsoft-edge-turn-on-flash
• For Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-games
On GNU/Linux machines, please see appropriate online help. For example,
on Ubuntu - https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/net-install-flash.html.en
on Fedora - https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/using-adobe-flash/
The controls include - full screen view, - return to previous scene, pause, play and next scene buttons. Wherever user interaction will be needed will include yellow bubbles inside the scene for example.