Please note the experiment availability as in table below. This experiment is AVAILABLE ON FRI/SAT.
Young's modulus on UTM:
- Go through theory.
- Go through procedure.
- Click 'Start' button.
- Click 'Calibrate' button.
- Wait for few seconds till the 'set speed' is activated and can be selected.
- Select 'set speed' from the drop down menu as 0.1 or 0.15.
- Click 'start loading' and observe the Stress Vs strain graph and the graphic view.
- Observe the 'Station status' and view that the Actual load increases just above 10kN and then it decreases back to static state relieving the tension on the specimen.
- If the actual load is found is continuing in the negative direction, (keeping on increasing in negative value), click 'Stop loading'.
- Select 2 points on the stress Vs strain graph and click 'Calculate_Young's' button.
- If required, maximize the Stress Vs Strain graph by clicking on the icon present at the top right corner of the graph.
- It can be observed that the Young's modulus value is calculated in the "Young's Modulus calculation" box. (Our specimen being mild steel, will have the Young's Modulus value in the range 200-250GPa).